Saiga being sold as Milled on GunsAmerica

IZZY

Buyer beware:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/995031404/Guns/Rifles/Saiga-Rifles/Arsenal_Saiga_AK_47_7_62X39_O_D_Green.htm

"Arsenal Saiga AK-47 7.62X39 O.D. Green Polymer Furniture, Sling Swivels, Semi automatic, high end gas operated built using forged and milled receivers made with the latest CNC technology, pinned rounded unique muzzle brake, cleaning rod, no bayonet lug, fixed stock. Please Call Us At:(352)401-9070."

(Emphisis mine)

I e-mailed G.A. TWICE on the subject since sunday.

1100 for a STAMPED AK...:barf

Maybe if some more contacted Gunsamerica in a freindly mannor they would not ignore this?

Here is their public e-mail:
CustomerService@GunsAmerica.com

Let's help some Newbie's!

Rich Miranda

GunsAmerica is buyer beware. They just provide a place to list items for sale. The sellers create the listing and it's up to the buyer to do his own research.

GA cannot intervene in these situations. There would just be too many ("this is the most popular firearm of the 20th century!").

Evan Thomas

Arsensal does build high-end AK's using both milled and stamped receivers, and at least some of the latter are manufactured by Saiga, so it's a sort of understandable error; but $1100 would be too much for one of those, unless the deal includes a boatload of magazines and other accessories. (I think they're running around 850.00 right now.)

It wouldn't be a half-bad price for one of their milled-receiver ones, though, compared to this, at nearly $1800.00. :)

Buyer beware, yes, but I don't see much point in harassing GA about their advertisers' errors.

IZZY

Seller has agreed to change ad....:D

Vanya,

Izmash makes only stamped, Arsenal may or may not be "producing" in NV for much longer....:( they were assembling them from parts made in Bulgaria, and the 2005 barrel ban is bound to affect them...

Thanks to all who replied. ;)