Saiga .223 This is neat

OlympicArmsFan

The guy on there is building them and selling them. He is asking $80.00 + actual shipping. I will PM him and get his contact info.

Hey guys he just sent me his contact info and here it is.

raz8391@ctc.net or phone 704-933-3673 ask for Mike.

Last edited:

renegadebuck

I am here now and will answer all questions that I can about it. To convert, you need a dremel with a partially worn down grinding rock, 20 minutes, and some AR mags. This will not keep you from using your Saiga mags if you still want to, just give you the ability to use less expensive AR mags. The adapter just snaps on and off like an AK mag. The mag release is a push button on the right hand side at the triggerguard. Kind of like an AR. I bump fired 60 rds through it yesterday without a problem. I don't think I will do it again soon per the cost of ammo. I have shot over 1k rds with an adapter without ever having a FTF issue, or any other issue for that matter. I wouldn't offer anything to another shooter that I wouldn't use myself. I made this for me originally, then my brother wanted one, and then some of my friends and some of his friends, anyway, you get the idea. I'm not trying to get rich as you can tell by the price, just offer a service to my fellow shooters. I don't expect a SHTF problem in my lifetime. I know things don't look good now or for the forseeable future, but I'm not sure it will reach those proportions. That said, you won't catch me sitting on my a## not ready! I was a boy scout and the motto has always stuck.
If a ban like the earlier one comes (as we all expect), it is very difficult to tell what year an AR mag was made and they're plentiful at the surplus stores for 5-7 bucks, a new CMMG spring and follower for another 7 bucks, and it will last a lifetime.

OlympicArmsFan

Buck good to see you here man and im posting ever where I can about this. I cant wait to see the others you talked about. The .308 one has me really interrested in maybe buying a Saiga.

Keep us posted