saiga 223 or 7.62x39

XD45ACP

i was wondering if the saiga is accurate. is there a diffrence in the calibers with accuracy. will it be worth mounting a scope on it. and if any of you saiga owners have pics of target papers i would like to see them. thanks.

Manedwolf

I have the 223, and it's extremely accurate. If you put a scope on it, get a good mount that uses the side rail...Saigas have a standard Warsaw Pact side rail to lock a mount onto. Don't bother with the cheaper reciever cover mounts, they won't hold their zero.

Willie D

I've got the 7.62 with the skeleton stock which would be fine if you scoped it, not recomended if you don't. Ammo is probably cheaper in 7.62. Accuracy is good from shoulder but I haven't tried it from rest yet.

If you buy it in person, try and take the cover off and look under the trigger hook/disconnector; many have the military trigger hole already stamped and you could do a "conversion" without much hastle.

XD45ACP

does it make a diffrence between the 16 0r 20 inch barrels. so far all i find at gun shows are 16 inch barrels.

Willie D

The longer barrel should impart more accuracy but I find it can screw up the balance and make it front heavy. YMMV.