Saga of the "silly" gun.

Lavan

Yesterday I went shooting. Took the gun that SOME people think is "silly."
Well, it kinda is.

rossi-circuit-judge-45lc-410-bl-wd.jpg

I couldn't find the damn rifle insert. I usually put it away with the .410 tube
as the .410 is horrendous with rifled slug and good with shot.
Well..... nobody SELLS the damn inserts and wrench, Midway has been backordered for months.
One guy on eBay who KNOWS that no one has any. (Rossi website doesn't even WORK) and he wants 40 bucks for just the key.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Circuit-Judge- ... SwaPNb-mo9
And..... looking now...his TUBES are ...sold.

Anyfrikkinhow.... I tore into the gun safe, the box in the garage marked "Rossi parts" a couple of ammo boxes in the closet.
and then remembered.... It's in my SHOOTIN BOX! :eek:

Sooooo.....it's been a LONG time since I shot it. Hung my 4"x4" steel on the target holder and let fly.
WHANNGGGG !!!!

HooBOY.... I thought I had sighted it in and I ...had. :)

Jeebuzz! ....It flang that 2 lb. 4 inch steel plate horizontally backwards and ...almost.... took the target frame out of the ground.
Chains a-flying...all kindsa havoc. :D

As silly as the gun is, it is still pretty much a wonder how fun it can be. :)

Lavan

I saw it in an unidentified movie.
The shooter wiped out an entire room with it. :eek:

It is fun. The .410 is the most "on" shotgun I have. If I look at it, it's hit.

Well, my Beretta A303 trap gun too, but still. :D

T. O'Heir

..".410 is horrendous with rifled slug..." Ya gotta try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo it likes, same as any shotgun or rifle. Or reload.
"...the "silly" gun...." There are lots of those.

fourbore

Too bad the Feds squashed the 28 gauge version.
As I read it, that was a handgun and not a shotgun version. The problem is we have a limit of .50 for handgun. That is exactly why the smith wesson 500 is 500. They stopped messing around with 44, 45, 454, 460, 470 yadddadaa and went max pressure, big case and max legal diameter. No one will ever beat that without special destructive device status or special unobtainable approval. Rossi was, I believe, un aware of the 50 cal limit.

I would not say killed by ATF. It was killed by stupid rules or laws. I think, I am right on this. I made an inquiry about building a 577 short case round for an encore barrel. I was told, it required special permission and fees. Kinda big deal for a one off idea. same answer for shooting balls from 20ga brass case with a rifled encore barrel. NOT over 50 cal. Game over.