Safes

Kevin_d77

Looking at safes and came across the Cannon Patriot series safe. Looks good but does anyone have any opinions or alternate choices? Trying to stay around $1000

Old Stony

Somewhere in a past life I stocked Cannon safes in a gun shop I had (many years ago). I mostly sold one called a model 24 if my memory hasn't failed me, and never had a complaint. I think they were very good quality for the money and wouldn't hesitate to buy one for myself were I needing another safe.

Cheapshooter

In realizing that my "gun fund" now needs to be used to alleviate an overcrowding situation in my current safe I have been looking at the Cabela's Clasic series by Liberty. I have heard a lot of really good things about the Liberty Safes, and am wondering if the models they make for Cabela's are of equal quality.
The reason for the Cabela brand is a hundred bucks of gift cards, and about fifty bucks in Club Cabela points lowering the cost to me of the $1250, 48 gun model to $1100.

Garycw

I wouldn't get anything less than a 48. It's surprising how soon they fill up. There's usually other stuff that ends up in there too.
If you can find a used safe large enough with a TRTL30x6 rating at a decent price they're the most secure.

MakarovFan

I recently bought a Cannon 24 gun for $549.00 at our local Tractor Supply. They have a Winchester one on sale currently for $649.00 for a 24 gun, but funds are what they are.
They usually run one in their adds on a regular basis.
I am very happy with the one I got, has the digital combination and not dial.

Captains1911

Just understand that a "48 gun safe" is really a 16-24 gun safe. You will never come close to fitting the advertised number of long guns. Whatever size you think you need, go at least one size bigger.