safe question

jlj676

I am new to owning a safe, with the economy the way it is you need one. I have a desicant pack in my safe, I figure it is going to be a little cooler in there with the dry air but it almost feels like a refridgerator is this normal, I dont seem to have any moisture but my fear is taking my guns out with a temp change and getting condensation or being to cool in the safe. If this is not normal what shoul I do

skydiver3346

Need a new safe:

What mfg makes the best (in your opinion) priced safe around $1,000? Can you get one for that amount that is considered a good safe for holding around 14 rifles, etc. Thanks

cchardwick

When I bought my gun safe first and formost I wanted one that was fireproof (just in case). Great place to store valuable documents too. Plus I wanted one that was as heavy as possible so someone couldn't just pick it up and walk away with it (around 500 lbs minimum). Fill it with a few thousand rounds of 45 ACP or other ammo and you have several hundred more pounds. Plus I put lead blocks in the bottom making it probably half a ton or more. Also I don't trust electronic locks. What happens if the battery fails and you can't get into your safe when you need it most? Other than that, pick the cheapest one (none of them are really cheap).

joyrock

tailgunner6 is right, you need to get a GoldenRod, that will run you about 20-50$.
SkyDiver3346: Liberty has a good line of safes, there Centurion line is really good the money, the 23 CF is about 1000$ and is 520lb. Now you want to bolt it to the floor. One guy can move it with a handtuck, I know cuz I do it everyday. 650lb is as far as I go.
And cchardwick is right also, anything over 1000lb is not going anyplace, not fast anyway. But the more ammo you put in it the harder it is to move.
As for electronic locks, I'm in and out of mine at work about 20 time a day, and we replace the battery about once a year.