Safariland 578GLS - The best $50 you'll ever spend on a holster

Will Beararms

The amazing thing about the 578GLS is that it does not scratch a handgun. The set screw insures you yave the right tension for secure carry. The GLS mechanism is genius and much more instinctive and far safer than the SERPA. I use mine with the paddle augmented with a belt----stable enough to run if need be.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 38

BarryLee

I’ve got a few of their 6378 holsters with ALS which I’ve been very happy with. I haven’t tried the GLS and can easily see why it would be better than the SERPA, but curious how it compares to the ALS.

bamaranger

ALS v. GLS

I'm glad you like the GLS and wish you continued happiness.

I've not used a GLS, but on the surface that big finger lever shouts "RELEASE" to anybody that sees it, not a good thing, I think, during a gun grab incident. The same can be said of the SERPA and other button releases that are front and center visible. Perhaps there is another release movement, or there is more to it than meets the eye? I cannot get the video to run on my ancient machine.

The ALS seems more subtle, on the backside of the holster, manipulated by the thumb, and not readily visible. The trigger finger is not involved in the release, and its only responsibility on a draw is finding the trigger during the presentation.

I'm a big fan of the ALS, but glad to hear you are please with your new rig.

bamaranger

struggle

Just struggled through some of two different videos, and I see the release is not as visible as I thought, and does not use the trigger fnger for the release.

The compatibility with multiple handguns seems attractive too.

They will likely sell a bunch of these.