attachment.php

Marlin 1895

i'm off to shoot it right now, report when i get back

Attachments

• saddle_small.JPG
    saddle_small.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 249

impact

I have one just like it. If you can do your part with those open sights the gun will shoot small groups. My gun shoots better with hand loads that are bumped up a little hotter than the old factory 45-70 load. If your gun has the Mirco-groove barrel you have to "or" should stay with jacketed bullets.

The factory ammo you have is kinda wimpy. If you get some good after market ammo that gun will "hammer" :)

redhawk41

WOW WHAT A RIFLE!!

trigger is fantastic, clean break with no creep

accuracy is good, i need some more practice. groups @ 100yds were a few inches.

The factory ammo you have is kinda wimpy.
me too, shoulder is a smidgen tender after 20 rounds.

i have some hard cast 300gr and 405gr bullets from Cast Performance that i will be loading. we will see how much i can handle :cool:

i give this rifle an A++! now off to cleaning.

Cpl Punishment

BTW, ALL the Winchester, Federal and Remington .45-70 ammo is loaded to blackpowder performance to be safe to use in older big bore leverguns as well as trapdoor Springfields. In case you were wondering why they were loaded light.

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Ac1d0v3r1d3
If you mean what's the difference between the 1895 and 1894, yes it is caliber basically. The 1895 is built for the .45-70 while the 1894 is built for pistol-sized cartridges, i.e. the .44 mag and the .357 mag.. These are the newer 1894s and 1895s. The original 1894s and 1895s were produced in the 19th century in many different calibers. For quite a bit of information on most any Mariln firearm or anythin made by one of the varitaions of the Marlin Company see the book Marlin Firearms by William Brophy