SA XD40 -> .357SIG conversion barrels?

JIH

Trying to get into .357SIG without getting a whole new gun (wife isn't going to let me get anything for awhile, so a P229 will have to wait)... is anyone making a .357SIG aftermarket barrel for the XDs yet?

Catbird

I called Springfield Armory a couple of weeks ago. They said that extra barrels, slides, etc. may be available in a year or so; all of the ones that they are currently manufacturing are committed to producing new, completed pistols.

After learning this, I called Irv Stone at Bar-Sto and ordered a .357 SIG barrel for my SA XD40. The cost is slightly less than $200 and will be shipped to me in 10 days - 2 weeks.

Just as an aside, I also have a .357 SIG barrel on order from Bar-Sto for my .40 caliber Walther P99; I should have this one in about 3 weeks.

mons-meg

Are those barrels in the "gotta know to ask for 'em" category, i.e. not on the website? I heard you can get .357 barrels for CZs this way, which is why I ask.

JIH

Before I posted all this, I asked SA, and was told "not yet" and I checked the Bar-Sto and Firedragon site, and did not see any on there. I had no idea that Oly made non-1911 handgun barrels.

I guess I'll call Bar-Sto. You'd think they'd take the chance to advertise!

Anyway, thanks for the help guys!