SA Trophy Longslide

Hays

A friend of mine is looking at an stainless SA Trophy longslide. He does not have internet access, and asked if I would inquire about it. Do any of you have any shooting impressions of this gun? The gun is in near mint condition and is offered at $795. I appreciate your help.

Vanguard.45

Got One. . . Love it!

I own a Springfield Trophy Match .45 Longslide and love it. I wanted a Longslide .45 and Springfield has the most gun for the money. I paid $1099 NIB and have added a Wilson ambi-thumb safety, two Wilson mags, and have had the gun finished in Black-T. It will be with me until I die (hopefully a long time from now)!

The price for the weapon you describe seems a bit low, depending on the year.

Mine came with the S&A magwell and the new Integrated Locking System along with all of the 2001 "Loaded" Features.

Check and see if the one offered is, indeed, the trophy match and find out if it is one of the newer or older models. The newer ones come with many of the features I would have added down the line anyway. I figured, why not do it all at once?:)

I'm glad I did!

Mlee

I am new to this board and due to info I got here and others, I just picked up a SS Longslide last week. I could not be happier. This is the first semi-auto I have fired (except for 22 Woodsman)
since basic training in 1967. Out of the box at dealer I was getting 2"-3" groups at 25 yd. by end of first box. Speer Lawman 230 gr. Very little recoil. This ain't like what I had to shoot in Basic. I would heartily recommend it. Initially I wanted a Kimber but kept hearing negative feedback. And I researched all makes THOROUGHLY. I don"t buy to play with and then trade. This is a quality piece of equipment

Mlee

One more thing, costs $738 plus tax. I was willing to pay more to get what I wanted so I am pleased.