SA Loaded Champion 4" 1911

ajgranda

Hi,

Anyone familiar with this gun? Reliability? Fit and finish? Trigger quality? Ease of Field Stripping? Good CCW? I don't mind the weight. Thanks

ajgranda

Thanks, its a hard to find gun now. I found a local dealer that has NIB for $930.
Is that the going rate? I think retail is around $1100.

test drive

the champion is a great cary gun. got mine back in march. i have a micro compact 3inch and a pt1911 5inch. so for me 4inch seemed the way to go. it is the perfect size. mine has been 100%. i got the loaded ss. the trigger was a tad on the heavy side but thats ok for me in a carry gun. and will smooth out over time. cant go wrong with a springer;)

radioflyer

I recently got a preowned GI lightweight 4" champion from gunbroker. Very durable but had two issues:

a) would not feed HP ammunition of any kind
b) exjector flung brass straight back smaking me in the forhead unless I shot "half-homie" style

The good news is that Springfield's customer service is among the best on the planet. I called and explained my problem. They emailed me a shipping label and a week later I had my gun back. The first problem was solved by polishing the barrel and frame ramps. The second was solved by installing a 9mm extended extractor.

So far everything works great and I plan to start working it into the daily carry rotation.