SA-35.

IKE

I finally saw and got to hold a SA-35 last week at my LGS and I purchased it....$649.99+ tax.

I don't own anything else chambered in 9mm so I ordered a 1000 round case of Magtech 124 gr. FMJ from SGAmmo and it arrived Tuesday.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/magt...-case-9mm-luger-124-grain-fmj-ammo-magtech-9b

I've read that the early guns had extractor problems, mine has a low 10,000 range serial number and I'm hoping that the extractor problem was resolved prior to mine being made.

No complaints on the fit and finish, it seems to point naturally and it feels good in my hand.....haven't fired it yet but I'm looking forward to taking it to the range.

Curious, for those that own or have fired them what are your opinions of the SA-35 ?

44 AMP

Staff
One "hears" a lot of stuff these days, thanks to the Internet, and while "it must be true, I read it on the Internet" has become a standing joke, it seem a lot of people actually do believe what ever they see on UTube.

I said this (and more) in the thread AB linked to, back in August last year,
All it takes is for some 5 thumbed tinkermonky on U TUbe to get one, rip out 1/3 to 1/2 the factory parts, replace then with "hi power" parts (from who knows where) and then bitch and bad mouth the gun because it doesn't work 100% flawlessly for him.

And get a few people to watch it, believe it is gospel, and then get their friends and friends of friends to watch it and spread the BS all over...

I saw such when the first stories about poor quality came out. Nothing to them, then, and as far as I know, nothing to them today.

Our local shop has sold every one they can get, over a dozen to date, NO ONE has complained about any of them. One of them currently has (verified) over 2,000 rnds without issue of any kind.

And, yes, I did actually see a UTUbe video where the guy did exactly what I described. Took a new SA-35, REPLACED quite a few of the parts, and then when it didn't work well, gave a bad review of the pistol.

PERHAPS there were a few individual guns that had issues, but overall, the stories about "extraction problems" and "Springfield pulling the model" and such like that are pure crap. Do some checking and nearly all lead back to "I saw it on UTube" or something like that.

You got one. Forget about what some people put on the net, and look at what you've got in your hands. Unless it is radically different from the ones I've seen, its a well made, decently finished Hi Power pattern pistol, without what I consider the few "flaws" the originals had, and without the "bells and whistles" the game players like.

MSRP is not an unreasonable price these days, for what you get, and as a plus, its actually "made in USA" by an American company.

I think its a pretty good gun. I'm not in the market for another 9mm, but if I were, it's the one I would choose.

Pahoo

A "Classic" and good price !!!

Curious, for those that own or have fired them what are your opinions of the SA-35 ?
IKE,
Is this new or used. These have only been out a short time and the factory MSRP, "was" listed at $699.00 and have seen these listed at over $1000.00. Personally, I like them and good shooters. I like the upgraded features. This piece belongs to one of my shooting buddies and paid $849.00 I have suggested a trigger job. These are classic and it's the last handgun, designed by John Browning. ... :)

Be Safe !!!

IKE

Pahoo,

$649.99+ tax was for a brand new in the box gun.

The store received two on 1-17.....one was pre-spoken for and I bought the other the morning of the 18th.

zeke

Consider yourself fortunate to get one! Shoot it and enjoy it to see how it works. Do these have the mag safety?

rock185

IKE, I've had mine for several months now, and have a thousand or so rounds through it. Seems like a good gun to me.

IKE

Anyone here that lives in Stillwater, Okla. and is looking for a SA-35 ?

Just found out that the same store where I purchased mine (Atwoods Ranch & Home) has another one on the shelf for the same price that I paid......$649.99+ tax.

Last edited:

IKE

I finally got around to putting 100 rounds of 115 gr. Winch. white box through my new SA-35 a couple of days ago so this is just sort of a 100 round review.

I didn't take the time to shoot off bags for groups I started right in shooting at the 12" 25 yd. steel gongs and was hitting them consistently when I did my part.....with a center hold the rounds were printing a little low and left but that may have been me and if not I'll do a windage adjustment my next range trip.

No malfunctions whatsoever and so far I'm happy with the gun.

KyJim

I had been looking for one at a decent price. Found one at Buds online for $749. No shipping or FFL fees because Buds ls local for me. I have a FEG but do not like the magazine disconnect, so I’m really looking forward to getting to the range with the SA-35. Unfortunately that will be awhile due to health issues.

cobra81

I had been looking for one, and finally found mine mid-January at a sporting goods store in Peoria, Illinois. They had two, one of which was already spoken for.
I bought the second, paying $668 plus tax. Seemed like a fair price to me. I’ve put 100 rounds through it so far, all my own handloads, and experienced no issues. Points naturally, fits my hand perfectly, and is accurate. I can tell already it’s one I’m going to be shooting often!

KyJim

I don't know how it will affect prices in the stores but I just noticed that within the past few days SA has raised the MSRP from $699.00 to $799.00.

That makes me feel better. I was willing to pay a small premium, but not some of the prices I had been seeing. Turns out mine was below the new MSRP. I will pick mine up Monday.

44 AMP

Staff
From what I have heard, the SA-35 in in production, but its not in continuous production. What Springfield reportedly does is wait until they have built up enough parts inventory to produce a batch of pistols, then make them until those parts are used up.

So, there are apparently months (possibly longer) between production runs, so pistols get to the distributors in batches. A change in the MSRP between batches is just business as usual.

The reason people were asking (and getting) barking stupid money for them was simply a supply and demand issue, people willing to pay "whatever it took" to get what they wanted, NOW....instead of waiting until they were available at the factory price.

UncleEd

I believe it's a firearms industry wide practice
to produce product in batches. Even the
ammo makers follow this practice.

Some of this is due to the manufacturers
themselves not able to produce all the variety
and various models they have marketed at the
same time.

saleen322

I was going to buy a SA-35 but the prices I found were above retail and I have never paid above retail for any gun. It worked out in the end because while I was looking for a SA-35, I found a new Sig P210 Target for a fair price. The Sig was more money but it was below list price so I bought it. VERY happy with how it shoots and maybe I will get a SA-35 in the future but only if the price comes down.