S&Ws at the range

robctwo

Bought a used S&W 15-1 from the local pusher yesterday. It is a bit rough. Rubbed the rust off, put a new rebound spring in it and polished the rebound slide.

DSCN0114.jpg

Took the it and friends to the range today. Put some target stocks on it for shooting. The originals are numbered to the gun.

DSCN0134.jpg

15-1 right bottom, 10-6 right on top. 25-13 left bottom, 19-3 middle, 18-3 top.

Put about 150 rounds through the 15. Once I got it dialed in it was shooting very well. I don't think this gun was shot much, just banged around.

Had the SS guns along as well.

DSCN0136.jpg

625JM on top, 617 middle, 620 in front.

Bought some auto rim for the 625 in addition to the moon clips.

Very nice afternoon. Need to ice the hand.

madcratebuilder

I exercised my 15-2 just last week. The 15 along with the 10's and 14's are my favorites. Magnums are great but these .38's can go for hundreds of rounds with no hand fatigue.

PICT0032.jpg

CajunBass

Planning on taking mine to the range tomorrow for the first time. I've done some plinking with it out back of the house, and so far it's a good shooter.

100_0186.jpg

Magnums are great but these .38's can go for hundreds of rounds with no hand fatigue.

And they're usually a couple hundred dollars less than a magnum (Model 19) also.

Smaug

Very nice acquisition. The only thing I don't like is the tacked-on looking thing behind the trigger guard. It is supposed to help keep the trigger guard from busting up one's knuckles, right? This doesn't really seem necessary on a .38.

Glenn Dee

Smaug

That tacked on looking thing is a Tyler T grip. Or probably the S&W version of one by the looks of it. It makes the gun complete. I try and put on every revolver I own that sports factory stocks. Most of us S&Wphiles swear by them.

Glenn!