S&w victory ?

rebs

Is this a good gun for bullseye shooting? How accurate is it from 50 feet indoors to 25 and 50 yards outdoors ? Does it need upgrades ?

bipe215

Mine is more accurate and reliable than any of my Rugers. I use a #61 O ring under the takedown screw to prevent it from loosening.

Rangerrich99

I'm not a competitive target shooter, but the Victory is more accurate than I am. Easily can hit pie plates at 25 yards. As for upgrades, I don't think they are necessary, but they are already readily available from Volquartzen. They already have two barrels (threaded, longer, and one of the barrels is fluted, the other is carbon fiber) and a trigger upgrade for sale.

Sweet Shooter

My Victory has become almost my favorite firearm. At 25 yards it shoots about an inch and a half from sandbags. We routinely hit clays at 40 - 50 yards with the fiber optic sights. It is the standard, non threaded model. The trigger is not super light but very predictable and smooth/crisp. It has not yet failed to... anything, and we have put all sorts of junk ammo through it. One thing I would like to point out is there really isn't much "match" about the bore. I lapped/polished mine with some silicone gun cloth. When received it was full of carbon/lead from the factory. It is now like a mirror and cleans right up with a couple of passes of a bore snake. I have not had any issues with the take down screw(s), but as a precaution I have put PTFE around the threads which gives more thread engagement than using the o-ring fix. Looking for a recommendation? Look no further.

-SS-

dgludwig

I've never shot one but I have yet to read a review from anyone that doesn't say the pistol is very accurate. As you know, any pistol intended for serious Bullseye competition has to meet an accuracy criteria way more demanding than hitting pie plates at 25 yards.

It would be informative to hear from anyone who has used/is using a Victory pistol in Bullseye matches.

bbqncigars

The stock trigger isn't bad compared to a Ruger, but was not better than my 2206 and very inferior to the trigger on my '68 Model 41. However, the 41 cost a little bit more. The Tandemkross Victory trigger is a huge improvement that is well worth the cost. Not sure what the current Bullseye rules are, so the fiberoptic sights may be an issue.