S&W Sigma SW40VE

texdawg

Just picked up this gun NIB for $325. I found the gun to operate flawlessly, 200 rounds, and was fairly accurate despite the heavy trigger pull . I did and still do have a problem field stripping the weapon, I am not finding it easy to get the slide disengaged. All in all, I feel good about the purchase as my journey through the calibers continues. Next up, .357 wheel (or maybe .44)

axslingerW

Field stripping is pretty easy.
1. clear weapon
2. check chamber again
3. point in a safe direction and pull trigger
4. press take down buttons on both sides of frame
5. move slide about 1/8" to rear and then forward to remove
6. remove recoil spring and barrel

Glad you like you're new pistol. Mine has been flawless for more than 1500 rounds so far.

cookand

My first handgun. I don't really care for it. Hate the trigger pull, but I haven't had a single failure of any kind through about 1000 rds. Its not that it is so bad as much as I like my other 2 better.:D

BFBoy

I've got a SW9VE, and the trigger isn't too bad, at all. Of course, it's DAO, so it's not as nice as a tuned 1911, but, very handleable.

ranburr

I see a lot of these come through my range and I have owned a couple of them. I disliked mine so much I traded one and gave the other away. One common issue I see with these guns is light primer strikes. For a gun that has that heavy of a trigger, you should be able to shoot any ammo you want in it.

ranburr

TxPhantom

Sw9ve

My SW9VE is very dependable. Never had a FTF or FTE. Trigger pull is a little longer and harder than I like but it is a DAO with no safety unless you call a trigger safety a safety. The harder trigger pull makes it a little safer though. Feels good in the hand, levels out nicely and pretty accurate or at least as accurate as I am.

I also had problems when doing break down for initial cleaning. I'm very unmechanical and wound up calling a techie at S & W. He explained what I was doing wrong ( I was pulling on the slide instead of pushing ). Just follow Axslinger's directions. Now it's one of the easiest guns to break down I own.

I like it so much I'm going to buy a S & W MP also in 9mm.