S&W problem

DMacLeod

I've got a problem that hopefully someone here can help me with. The weapon is a 66-1, 6". When I push the cylinder release the plunger sticks and doesn't release. I can't even get it to release now. When I had it open a few minutes ago the pin moved freely....so I put a drop of lube on it anyways. I then closed the cylinder and can't get it to come out now. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

44 Deerslayer

Check to see if the ejector rod is screwed in tight. Most S&W tighten counter-clockwise, some older are clockwise. If it's loose, wrap a piece of leather around the ejector rod so you can hold it with a vise grips or pliers, put some empty cases in the chambers and use the cylinder to tighten it while holding the rod with the pliers.

DMacLeod

Thanks Deerslayer, that was too easy. I used a thin knife to release the pin holding the plunger and it popped right out. tightened it up and works beautifully now.

As you can tell I have never removed this part on the revolver. :eek:

thanks again. :)

cimarronvalley

S&W problem

:) Thanks 44deerslayer for the info!!! I had a similar problem with my S&W 625-2. I just checked it and sure enough the ejector rod was loose. I tightened and now it works great. The tought had never occurred to me before.

king.460

My .460 did the same thing a year ago--3 days before the Illinois gun season opener. The S&W forum gave me the same remedy--thank goodness for these great forums!