S&W pro series worth it?

Schnitzjr

Specifically, the 627 and 686 are the Pro series version worth $110 or so more than the Plus versions?
Are the triggers better in the Pro guns?

jetinteriorguy

My 627 is the best revo I own, well worth it. It's also the only new S&W I have, all my others are pinned and recessed. As much as I love the older revo's, if I had to keep only one it would be the 627. It won't win any beauty contests, but for practicality and performance it can't be beat. Pair it up with my Henry lever and they could do anything I would ever need in a gun out to 100 yds.

MrBorland

IME, the urgent PC and Pro guns receive little or no extra tuning & are simply configurations not offered in S&W’s standard lineup. If that’s the very gun you want then (ie a 4” 627), and it’s only available as a Pro/PC, it’s worth it. Just don’t expect a “better” gun because you paid extra.

BigJimP

I have a pair of the 627's ( 2 5/8" and a 5" ) performance center guns...and yes, the triggers and finish on the performance center guns are better than the standard models.

357 Terms

"Revo" is the first four letters of the word.....

"Revolver"

being the first half of the word that would be considered "short" for said word.

Real Gun

You get an odd looking, slab-sided barrel and a nite glo front sight that doesn't glo. Seriously, my 60 Pro is an excellent shooter. I removed the ILS and installed The Plug. Leads badly like my other ECM rifled barrels, so I use only jacketed bullets in it.

ms6852

I have read that the pro series have had some qc issues as well as mechanical especially when shooting it in double action if you ride the trigger back and hold it back and release it slowly the cylinder gets out of timing and you may get light trigger strikes as well. I would research it a little more before committing to a purchase .

Real Gun

Just them whipper-snappers being lazy. Being that not typing those 4 extra letters saved so much time and was such an inconvenience

I thought about that but give great credit to at least having caps where they belong, punctuation and spacing, and decent grammar. Full on text speak is totally unacceptable to me, and I don't even try to read it. Neverthless, having to "key" caps on a phone is a bit awkward. The payoff is that it may suggest complete words to select based only on a few letters keyed. Suggesting caps is also context sensitive.

jetinteriorguy

Yes, I was being lazy. But, at 63 I'm not quite a whippersnapper anymore. You know, sometimes you just have to be lazy. But I do believe in proper punctuation, after all we are a civilized society. Maybe I've just been texting too much and a little is rubbing off on me.

otasan

Yes, I was being lazy. But, at 63 I'm not quite a whippersnapper anymore. You know, sometimes you just have to be lazy. But I do believe in proper punctuation, after all we are a civilized society. Maybe I've just been texting too much and a little is rubbing off on me.
I know how you feel. I am 61.

Viper225

Some of them have the quick change front sights. I consider that an upgrade over a pinned front sight, and a huge improvement over the machined front sights that cannot be changed out.

Bob