S&W Performance Center 3" 629-6 NIB..worth it?

ajgranda

Hi,

Have an opportunity to purchase this NIB 3" .44 mag for $900 shipped. Is this a good value? Anyone have any experience with this wheel gun? I've included a couple of pics.
Thanks

Attachments

• pix439648939.jpg
    pix439648939.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 147
  • pix728138730.jpg
    pix728138730.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 86

DiscoRacing

I think its a little high to me... but thats about what they are going for now... Nothing beats a 629....less ya already have a 29:eek:

ajgranda

Thanks, I just found the same model gun, NIB also, for $1399 on Gunsamerica though. :confused: This gun is no longer being produced by S&W if that makes a difference.

swampjunker

INFO NEEDED

have just picked up a s+w 38 special
CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME THE YEAR OF MANUFACTURE
serial # C 199xxx

THANKS FOR ANY HELP ,, SWAMPJUNKER ,,

DiscoRacing

Welcome to the forum Swamp...

.. you should start a thread of your own tho...

...if your reply had nothing at all to do with this one.:cool:

ajgranda

Ya gonna get it AJgranda???!!

Not sure yet. Do you think that new 2 5/8" PC is a better version/deal? I know the 2 finger grips would need to go except for carrying.

ajgranda

Further info on this gun. It was built in 2006, still NIB, All Stainless except for chrome trigger and hammer. Single ported barrel. I talked owner down to $850 shipped. What to do???? :confused:

iburnpowdah

You will never regret buying the 629. Certainly the 1 gun to have when you need a handgun! It will serve you well. I have a 629 Classic 5". It could use a trigger/ action job as it came from the factory but what do you think is more effective a 45 ACP or 44 Mag/ 44 Special? You guessed right!

mhuegerich

I'd buy it if given the chance. A performance center model, NIB, out of production, with a not to common barrel length, at a good price. What's not to like?

dangerclose

Did you buy it?

More interesting, what particular model of 629 is this S&W? I notice it has different front sight than you typically see?