S&W(NYSP)Model 520: I'm proud of this acquisition!

boa2

Here are some pictures of a revolver that I was so proud to have fairly recently, acquired! It is an Smith & Wesson(NYSP)Model 520(.357 magnum)revolver. I was extremely lucky to have found this 520-but, I'd love to own a dozen of these(But, I doubt if I'll ever get the chance to find another one of these guns!)?:
P1000122.jpg

P1000123.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000134.jpg

P1000137.jpg

18DAI

Beautiful revolver, congrats. Will it be a shooter or safe queen? If you shoot it, how about a range report? Enjoy it! Regards 18DAI.

boa2

No, this 520 is going to stay as a safe queen! It's just too beautiful to shoot it and to destroy it's beauty! I might shoot my model 28-2 instead? Thanks, for your compliment, 18DAI!

Rimrod

I heard those were made of radioactive steel and are dangerous to have around. You should send it to me and save yourself.:rolleyes:

18DAI

I don't blame you for wanting to keep it like new. If I could find one of those, I'd be tempted to keep it in the safe too. That blueing is really nice. They sure won't make them like that again. Regards 18DAI.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
You lucky dog! The 520 is one of my dream S&W revolvers. There's just something about a fixed-sight N-frame...

I'm afraid I'd have to tote it on an occasional basis, though... :eek:

mete

BTW, prior to adopting the 357 , the NYSP carried the Colt New Service in 45 Colt for many years.