S&W MP 15-22 stock replacement

ohen cepel

Just picked up a MP 15-22 and want to know if it's possible to replace the M4 type stock which is on it.

I had to buy a "compliant" version and the stock is fixed/pinned open. However, will be leaving this state before long and would like to then put a "normal" stock on it.

Does anyone know if this is possible or not?

Thanks!

I'll have to check, but I think I read that you can't put the 15-22 upper on a standard lower....that's what I'd try first. Otherwise, I don't know if you can buy a complete new SW 15-22 lower.

I looked, and the pins are the same size and the holes line up....I believe you could mate a standard lower....although I didn't switch mine to try them.

You do know, of course that you'd have to switch to a different lower; the stock on all the MP15-22's is fixed to the lower receiver.

kristop64089

I have an M&P 15/22(I'm in a free state tho), and if you are wanting to replace just the stock, you can. I put an MOE on mine.

If you pull straight down on the "lock", to the end of it's free travel it should free the stock up, to slide it off, allowing you to put on whatever you desire.

Not sure about the compliant versions tho.