S&W Model of 1989 625 N-frame $$ ??

VictorLouis

Yes, it is USED.:) Beautiful frosted matte finish stainless, in 4", w/Hogues. Appears to be in excellent shape, for $450. What do you think?

I suspect that with its weight, it would be a very mild shooter, yes?

Modern 625's, Model of 1989, only have come in five and three inch barrel lengths (first run model 625-3, very rare. Only about 370 units made with 3 inch barrel. Others followed, but not as nice.). Only model with a four inch tube is a Performance Center model called the V-Comp. It is a slab side with a removable compensator and sells for hundreds more.

Sure its not a five inch?

S&w625.jpg

Robert

dewey

The 625 is a fine modern revo, indeed. I have a few older models,M25 & 26, and the newer 625 V-comp and they do about everything VERY well. If you handload ,respond back and I'll share some interesting and safe loads.

The price is a good starting point but 400 is about as low as I've seen them sell for. I noticed that you stated that it IS a 4 inch. Could you jot down the Product Code from the end of the box and also note the brrl length there? (Call him and save the gas ! But of course it's always good to have an excose to visit the gun shop.).....dewey

Dr45ACP

$450 is reasonable for these. 625 is a fine gun, very accurate, wonderful trigger. I use one as my bedroom gun.

RustyRP

Robert - im pretty sure there were some 4"ers (full lug) in that 1989 series

possibly/probably even fewer than the 3"

Id say jump all over it!

dewey

Looked in my reference book and indeed there were
4,770 4" inch 625s made in 1989. I would buy it for sure as
the extra 1 inch on the standard 5", IMHO, offers no great
advantage over the 4. AND THE 5 is much harder to locate a holster for. **( Product Code 4" 625= 100925)...dewey

Dr45ACP

I had been having a hard time finding a holster for a 5" 625 too, but found a nice Tom Threepersons holster from El Paso Saddlery. This is a nice holster. Obviously not suitable for concealment, but then neither is the gun that fits it.

JoeHatley

VictorLouis,

Both the 3" and 4" 625's in .45acp were discontinued in 1991 . Current Blue Book shows an average price of $430 for a 98% gun.

With the upcomming rule changes in IDPA phazing out the 5" version of the 625, I wouldn't be suprised to see the 4" start to bring a premium price.

I say make an offer. If by chance you decide not to, please e-mail the dealers name and location. I'd be interested.

Good Luck...

Joe

VictorLouis

Thanks all. It definitely is a 4". But, I forgot to ask: What sort of velocity should you get? Like a Gov't Model, or even more?

mikey357

Yes, Virginia, S&W DID INDEED make the Model 625 .45 ACP with a four-inch barrel...the "Model of 1989" as dicussed here AS WELL AS the "Springfield Armory" Commemorative....made in 1994, in "Mountain Gun" configuration, only 500 were made and they were sold thru Lew Horton. BTW, S&W just recently reintoduced the 625 "Mountain Gun" in .45 ACP as a regular-production item...can't recall the product code, sad to say. The Model 625's are ALL a blast to shoot...with 185 gr. "softball", about like shooting 158 gr. LRN in a K-frame...and even WITH hardball, MUCH LESS RECOIL than a Gov't. Model...due to the extra weight. If the gun in question is in excellent condition-say, 95% or better-then $450.00 is a fair price-not a great price, but fair. Good Luck!!!....mikey357