S&W Model 669 9mm

22-rimfire

I inherited this gun. What is the skinny on it? Good gun? Easy to sell? It looks like new. Good carry piece?

I have always said I don't own a 9mm. I just realized that I DO in fact own a 9mm but no ammo. Never shot it. Have no desire to shoot it. I mostly shoot revolvers and 40 S&W pistols.

Dot_mdb

I have never owned a 669. It is a second generation compact 9mm. I own some S&W 3rd generation guns and my experience with them has been excellent. The 669 should be reliable. The right side decocker lever is held on by a screw that might work loose.

Those 669s are not as popular as the 3rd generation guns and depending on condition seem to sell for around $300. If I had one I wouldn't sell it. For a double stack gun they are fairly narrow in the grip and can be concealed reasonably well.

Bill

davecharles

I owned a 469 for a while (blued version) I loved it. I wish I had it back. I sold it when my dept switched to 40 cal. I still own several 40's but also have some 9's. The main difference between the 669 and the 6906( 3rd gen) is the 3rd gen has the wrap around grip and removable front sight (can easily be replaced by night sight).
Dave

egor20

22-rimfire

Keep it

1) Its a Smith and Wesson
2) Its out of production, but parts are still around
3) Its a handy good concealable pistol

I still carry my 469 at times.

Walt Sherrill

I had a 669. Had a gunsmith work on the trigger, which was marvelous after he did his magic.

Good solid gun.

Later sold it to a dealer when I had the hots for a SIG. He kept the gun for personal use. The frame later cracked. S&W replaced the gun, and seemed almost embarrassed by the problem. (They didn't replace the marvelous trigger job, however.)

That was the ONLY time I've heard of a 669 problem.