S&W model 66-4 vs model 13-1

327 FM

Guys,

Im having a hard time deciding which one to get. I already have a 66 no dash but love the -4 because of the round butt. the 13 is all nickel and in excellent but used shape with original box.

Momma is only gonna let me get one...…….:confused:

rock185

I had the use of a model 13 for a while, and have owned at least a couple 66s. I much prefer being able to sight the revolver in for the specific ammo I happen to be using, so I'd go with the 66. I carried a 66 for several years, shot it so much I had to send it back to S&W years ago to be overhauled. Still have the old gun. So I know I am biased in my preference;)

psantos

If the price is anywhere near the same get the 66

The adj sighted versions go for much more.

I love my 66-2 snubbie, beautiful smooth and accurate!

T. O'Heir

You want blued with fixed sights or SS with adjustable? Same revolver otherwise.
SS will beat any nickle plating every time though. Nickle plating is 19th Century technology that tends to flake off.

Don P

the 13 is all nickel and in excellent but used shape with original box.

If the shop is on the level ask them to remove the grips. If the gun left the factory as a nickel plated revolver there will be a N stamped on the frame where the grips attach. The factory did not plate the hammer or trigger. Don't ask how I know.;)

If it's legit I would get the nickel.

Sgt127

What’s the barrel length on them? For carry a 3” fixed sight K Frame rocks. A nickel 13 is a bit more rare.

You mention a round butt on the 66. 2 1/2” barrel?