S&W Model 64?

Mastrogiacomo

I have a S&W .38 model 442, which I really hate because of how it hurts to fire this gun. Murder on my hands. I recently had to change the grip to something larger and more comfortable. I've wondered about the Model 64 2" HB. Does anyone have this revolver? How does it feel to fire it in terms of grip and recoil? Is it more pleasant than the 442?:rolleyes:

sox

M, I just got a 64-6 2" snubbie. Love this thing. Short, smooth trigger, better feel, better pointer. J frame was nice and small, but didn't like shooting it. I think the K frame snubs are great. at 30oz. recoil is mild. I have noticed perceptible comfort levels with each 4-5oz. difference in weights. e.g. Ti @ 11oz. painful, Airweight @ 15oz. more tolerable, Stainless 60 @20oz. comfortable, Ruger SP101 @25oz. pretty sweet, Kframe snub 30oz. way fun. Go get it man!

sm

Have the 64 with 3" HB. Great shooter!!

Consider the model 10, 65,66, 19 and 15's What fits you in bbl, finish, caliber and sights, rd or sq butt.

Frenchy

I'm not familiar with the 442, but I really like my 64. With the grip setup that I have, it's comfortable to shoot with +P loads and is nicely concealable.

200210275250913597709868.jpg

Penman

The K-Frame snubbies will be much more comfortable to shoot-more weight, larger grip frame as well as holding one more round. You'll need to decide if those advantages outweigh the smaller size and lighter weight of the J-Frame. If you're not going to carry concealed, definitely go with the larger frame, as long as you don't have any problems reaching the trigger, etc.

Kframe

Two-inch K's are definitely cool!
Great shooters too!!!
There is a range I've shot at that has old helium tanks hung from a bar 50 and 100yds down range.
With the M64, I've done 6 of 6 at 50yds, and 4 of 6 at 100. :eek:
(Those weren't my first attempts. Needed a little Kentucky windage, or, elevation in this case.)
200210296162364924813996.jpg

:)
-Kframe

Laz

I don't have a Model 64 but do have a 2" round butt Model 10, same gun in blue steel. I like J-frames but the K-frame .38 is way, way easier to shoot well. Great gun.

Kframe

I'd like to find an older M&P 2" or early M10 with the round butt and the old round 'half nickel' front sight.
They look so cool!
-Kframe