S&W model 60 Pro ?

WIN1886

Trying to find one NIB may be the real challenge but would like to hear from those that own or have shot one what your impressions are of this small J frame .38/.357 revolver. Thanks !

bossman

I pro 60 is a great .357 for ccw work. It's one of my favorite revolvers of all. I use 125gr. Remington Golden Sabers bullets with mine and found them to be a great combo. If you can get your hands on one DO IT.

WIN1886

If you can get your hands on one DO IT.

No doubt , it sounds like a nice revolver for all day carry in the field as well ! Again finding one will be the hard part !

Agreed , for a CCW weapon a more snag free designed small revolver would be ideal for that use but I want or hope this revolver is accurate enough ( with practice ) to be multi -purpose and justify having the adjustable rear sight . Which is one of the reasons I'm asking for input on this model ! Thanks !

Last edited:

Bailey Boat

A mod 60 w/3" barrel and adj sights is my summer carry piece. Carried strong side, OWB and loaded with 125 grain Speer GD 357.
Experience has proved that I can drop down to a 125 gr 38+P and drop the rear sight by 2 clicks and be right back on bullseye. I have changed the stock grips for a set of Herrett's Shooting Stars. They are thin and cover the backstrap which adds a little to the trigger reach but fit my hand very well.
If you can find one you won't go wrong.....