S&W Model 57

Bedell

Smith & Wesson Model 57

I have a S&W Model 57-1 that I would sell or trade ,4 inch barrel,nickel finish,in very good to excellent condition.

Last edited:

BobR

Spartacus,

After reading your gut wrenching post about the heartbreak of living alone, I asked my Model 57 if it was feeling lonely. It said it was coping quite well, but would like one of its brothers to talk with every now and then.
I asked if it would like a new home, one with another Model 57, and it said if that other one is so lonely, why doesn't it come and visit, because mine does not want to travel far without being attached to me.

So, you see, I tried to help you out, but must consider the feelings of my own Model 57. However, if you would like to socialize your Model 57 a little, just email me and I will send an address that he can come visit...or even live.

bob

Attachments

• m57.4.jpg
    m57.4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 128

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
BobR,

While I appreciate the spirit of your kind offer, the idea of leaving me has dealt psychic trauma to my M57.;)

Radicalcleric

I have a S&W M48 .22 Magnum with the 8 & 3/8 barrel in blue. It has the factory-fitted extra cylinder in .22 Long Rifle and comes in the original blue box with papers and tools. The gun is in about 99% condition (I don't actually see any wear on it, but I can't bring myself to say 100% as I have shot it) and the box is pretty good but one corner has torn loose a bit.

Someone ordered this gun with the smooth "combat trigger" so I am guessing maybe a coyote hunter ordered it with the intention of doing some fast DA shooting with it. Must have run into hard luck as I bought the gun used but apparently unfird in 1984. Shoots pretty good. Somewhere in the gun room I have a target with a 1 & 3/8" group I fired with it. Gun was made in 1977. Interested?