S&W Model 28 grips

Zhillsauditor

Hey all,

I picked up a S&W model 28 in 6" yesterday at a gun show, for a pretty reasonable price ($340 out the door). For some reason, I had it in my head that it was an L-frame gun. Anyway, although I am happy as a fat man that found an extra gallon of Blue Bell ice cream in the freezer about the quality and condition, the gun is a big boy and my hands are not the largest around.

It came with a set of Hogue rubber grips on it. I think they are pretty thin, but can anyone recommend a better N-frame grip for someone with smaller hands?

carguychris

Standard Magnas with a Tyler T-Grip adapter. :D

FWIW I'm not sure of the current availability of T-Grips. Prices shot up late last year after the company seemingly stopped shipments early in the year and rumors circulated that they had closed up shop. :( The factory is now under new (or reconstituted?) ownership and the website says they are shipping T-Grips again, but I am not sure if this has been verified.

Tennessee Jed

I have a S&W 28, and last year bought some Craig Spegel stocks for it. It took a while before I got them, but they sure fit my hands well.

10-96

The Pachmayer Presentation Grips are thinner, economically priced- and they don't look half bad. I have small hands and kinda long fingers- they are a pretty happy fix for me.

+1 on the Service/Magna grips and a Tyler T-Grip, but they will likely take a bit longer to get to your door.