S&W Model 19 no dash

nate45

The .357 Combat Magnum was first released in 1955. It was essentially the .38 Sp Combat Masterpeice with a slightly larger yoke area and a full ejector rod housing. The first ones were built on a four screw frame, in 1957 it was designated the Model 19 and in 1959 the trigger gaurd screw was elininated and it became the 19-1. Here is a nice one I picked up from circa 1959 before the elimination of the fourth screw.

100_0166.jpg

100_0177.jpg

100_0172.jpg

The first ones were shipped in a dark blue presentation case with Combat Magnum embossed on it. If anyone has one I'd really like to see it.

Here is a good article for anyone not up on one of S&W's greatest pistols. The Smith and Wesson Model 19[/B]

kamerer

outstanding 19 you have there. I have two, and a 66, but all more modern (70s and 80s). I'd sure love to find a gorgeous 4" pre-68 model like that with target grips. Those grips alone are worthy of admiration. When you say "full ejector rod housing" - I think you mean "ejector shroud" - that's what it's commonly called.

Great gun. Truly great. Reasonable wear on that cylinder, but gorgeous blue on that frame. Really deep and nice. And those grips!!!!

pinkerpv

Model 19 - 4

I have a Model 19 - 4 in 4 in bbl; would like to get the other two, 2 1/2 and 6 inch bbls some day.