S&W model 13-3 3" barrel

WVsig

I was in a local pawn today and came across a S&W 13-3 with a 3" barrel. Gun locked up tight and looks to be about 95%+ with just a slight turn ring on the cylinder. Serial # ADL3XXX and the gun is not pinned and recessed no box no accessories just the gun. When it rains it pours. :eek:

What is a good price on these guns?

This is the actual gun:

Last edited:

ZVP

I located a Nickled, Model 36 no dash, at a pawn shop . It's hammer bobbed by a former owner (Nice Job!). I paid $ 336 out the door, taxes and fees included with a speed strip reloader.
At the same time they had a Model 12-? 6 shot airweight for 300 plus costs, Blued finish. It was light, held 6 rounds and was poorly finished from a lot of carrying but still tight.
I passd on the 12 but grabbed the 36 quick!
Pawn shops deal better than Gun Shops. Mine was a gun shop yet they dealt on my price a little.
You can look at $350-$550 depending on how bad they want to sell it.
good Luck!

WVsig

I went back and they took a little off and I got OTD at $575. Was able to use a CC with no surcharge. I pay no interest on the card, pay it off every month, and get 2% cash back so saved a few more $$$ from there.

Deaf Smith

Well while a bit high to me (in price) it's a DANG GOOD GUN.

You can now, if you have the know how, take it apart to the bare frame, uses stones to polish all the moving parts like the rebound slide, cylinder stop, bolt, and places on the frame where the hammer rubs against the side plate.

Stone them smooth, then use a super grease and put it all together. Then locktite the screws in.

Do that and you will have a smooth slick piece to pack.

End up with a real carry gun. Here is my S&W 19-5 I picked up at a pawn shop for $400 flat about 3 months ago. Gun didn't work!

So I disassembled, found the bolt spring's small rod had a burr, fixed that, and then two chambers dragged (bent ejector rod.)

Fixed that with my trusty plastic mallet. Cylinder now spins real well, unlocked or locked in the frame.

Then fitted another cylinder stop and did alot of polishing.

Swiped some Secret Service stocks of another S&W snub!

It is now one slick CCW piece. Shoots dead on and locks tight!

attachment.php

Your S&W 13 can be just the same way!

Just takes some elbow grease and a bit of know how.

Oh, do get some screwdrivers that fit the screws on your gun EXACTLY. You don't want burrs.

Youtube has many videos if you want to play gunsmith.

Deaf

Attachments

• SW19a.jpg
    SW19a.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

WVsig

The actions is pretty sweet as it is. I bought it because I never see 3" S&Ws in my area and certainly not in this condition. I think I paid a fair price but I did not "steal" it. It is the first purchase I have made at this pawn shop so I am thinking of this as a "breaking the ice" kind of buy. ;)

Deaf Smith

WVsig,

It's still a dang good gun. And it is in better condition than mine.

I was lucky it was 'broke' and I had the know-how to fix it.

Deaf

WVsig

WVsig,

It's still a dang good gun. And it is in better condition than mine.

I was lucky it was 'broke' and I had the know-how to fix it.

Deaf

Yeah sometimes broke is the mother of necessity!!!! ;)

KyJim

Congrats on the new revolver. I've got a couple of three inch K-frames but not a .357. Great for belt carry.

Yeah, I probably would have given $575 OTD for that one.

Had it been pre-1983 P&R I definitely would have given $575 for it.

WVsig

Yeah, I probably would have given $575 OTD for that one.

Had it been pre-1983 P&R I definitely would have given $575 for it.

Yes had it been P&R would never have left the first time. :eek:

saltydog452

If you prefer revolvers for on body carry, you now have a winner.

There isn't much that you can, or should, do to trick it out.

If it hasn't been abused by screwdrivers, hammers and such, most likely its going to be about as slick as you'd want it to be and as handy as a pocket.

Whatever you paid for it, you got your moneys worth.

salty