S&W Model 10-7 Made into a PPC Gun

lamarw

I acquired a near new if not new Ken Eversull Police Pistol Combat competition revolver yesterday. Mr. Eversull had taken the Model 10 frame and added a 6" slab sided heavy contour custom barrel. It also has a Bill Davis custom sight rib by Aritocrat. There are additional refinements galore. I will just say the double action trigger pull is amazing.

I thought I was getting a used gun with a lots of prior use, but for the life of me I can not see that it has ever been shot. It was a police trade-in from ST Tammany Parish, LA. I think Mr. Eversull works out of Louisiana.

I am very pleased and here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• PPC1.jpg
    PPC1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 199
  • PPC2.jpg
    PPC2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 117
  • PPC3.jpg
    PPC3.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 103

MrBorland

Congrats on a nice gun. How's it shoot?

I have a Bill Davis-built PPC revolver I bought from the original owner. It locks up like a bank vault and is as smooth as snot. It's heavy, though, particularly at the muzzle. It also shoots low (even with the rear sight adjusted), and I suspect it's designed this way - lining up with the neck of an official PPC target might offer a more precise sight picture than trying to line up CoM. It makes it tough to shoot Xs on a standard bullseye target, though :rolleyes:

RKG

Does anyone shoot PPC any longer?

My PPC revolver was built by Jack Brosnahan, who was then the Armorer for Bedford PD and who built a lot of the PPC revolvers in this neck of the woods. Based on a 6" Model 14, it had a weighted, full length Bomar rib and sights, trigger job, and beveled chambers. It hasn't been out of the safe in a very long time.

lamarw

Have not taken it out yet MrBorland, but it has an unbelievably nice double action trigger pull.

You are correct RKG, It is a dinosaur from another era. I am sure both of our PPC revolvers have a lot of craftsmanship to be appreciated.