S&W M&P Shield.....and M&P 45c - It was a good week :)

stmcelroy

Picked up my M&P Shield today and headed straight to the range. Coolest thing is this gun was just announced at the NRA show yesterday.

It's of comparable size to the LC9/PF9 but feels much better in my hands than either and has a very good M&P-ish trigger. Only put 96 rounds through it but no issues and very accurate shooter for me.

Also picked up a "new" M&P 45 compact on Wednesday, it has a Apex Duty kit in it and was broken from the factory 3 years ago. I fixed it and got it for a really good deal. This thing drives tacks and shoots point of aim for me, i'm thinking this will eventually become my carry gun.

M&P Shield

IMG_9994.jpg

IMG_9995.jpg

My growing M&P collection:winkkiss:

IMG_9999.jpg

IMG_9998.jpg

stmcelroy

First time out with the 45c and it shoots better than any handgun I currently own(10-15 have to count).

The Shield for the most part shot one nice 3-4" hole at 7 yards, not bad for 94 rounds. Shot it off hand but those don't count.;)

Technosavant

Saw the Shield at the NRA convention today. Looked like a nice piece and it fits the hand better than some of the other micro 9mm guns I've held- glad yours shoots well.

pipper99

I got an email last night from S&W about the Shield: it's just what I've been looking for. I went to Cabela's today and purchased it. The Cabela's people who helped me had not heard of it yet, but they were very interested when they saw it. I can't wait to go to the range.

stmcelroy

Mine was a dream to shoot at the range.

The trigger is miles ahead of the LC9 and PF9, and more what I am used to compared to the Kahr CW9.

S&W has a winner on their hands with the Shield.:D

TheNocturnus

Very cool. I don't own any of the M&P line but the new Shield does look nice.
What is the magazine capacity? Do they make grip extensions for the mag yet?

Marquezj16

Nice pistols. I have not seen one myself. Probably gonna check out my LGS and sports stores to see if they have them yet.

stmcelroy

Some the M&P's definitely have really bad triggers, I guess I got lucky with my FS 9mm having a really decent one. The 45c has a Apex Duty kit in it that rocks, and the Shield is really pretty decent.

Magazine capacity is 7rds for the flush fitting mag, and 8rds for the one with extension.

Here's a holster I just did for mine.

575043_413789978632383_100000041537720_26026233_1350490637_n.jpg

damond

I do know that the Shield trigger is much much better...like night and day better, for being stock from factory. Heavy, but crisp.

The safety is also better compared to the LC9, as well as the grip, and pretty much everything else.

I wasn't really thinking about getting one because I thought it was gonna be another LC9 or DB9...just hastily put together and pushed out to the market. But after handling it, I was sold! It seemed like S&W actually put some thought behind it. Although -1 for the manual safety. It's what I would want a Glock to be. I just got rid of a G36 after only having it for a month. Just wasn't that confident eventhough I've been carrying a 19 for over 13 years. Glock really needs to get on the ball.

The Shield is a really nice slim carry gun. I think it'll be a huge success. Just don't get gouged and over pay, by much. I got mine for $395 + tax. $425 should be max!

stmcelroy

Yep safety is the only real negative that I can see with this gun.

Even just found out that the Apex Tactical Hard sear will fit in the Shield, and drops the trigger pull to about 4.5#'s.

Mrgunsngear

Keepshooting.com has them for $386. Once I learned the safety was removable I placed an order myself.... Add the $50 Nations Finest discount and my cost will be $336. Tough to complain about that.

output

Very cool! Thanks for posting. I ordered mine yesterday and will be picking it up early this week. I had no idea the safety could be removed. I will definitely look into that.