S&W M&P price, deals

zip22

Bud's had the M&P 9 for $438 shipped a few weeks ago. If I had the cash then, I probably would have bought it. Now I have the cash, but the deal is gone.

I was wondering what I should expect to pay for this gun. There is a Gander Mtn here that sells the M&P for $599 + tax, which seems ridiculous. There is a used one in the FS forum for $435 shipped, but the fact that buds was selling it for that new makes me feel like that isn't the greatest price.

S&W has also had that deal in the past where you could get a $50 rebate or 2 extra mags. Any idea when that was and if they may do it again?

ac700wildcat

I just got my new M&P 40 new for $520 and thought that was a pretty fair deal. It won't hurt for you to go into Gander Mtn. and make an offer on one. The worst that would happen is they might say no.

.357SIG

When going through Gulfport, MS a few weeks ago, I saw one at Academy Sports for $499. They are around $550 here, give or take a few bucks.

goldfacade

just wait a few months. Buds is cyclical in the M&P sales. I've seen that same sale about 4 times now. I actually took them up on it twice (FS and compact 40's). If you cant wait the average price I have seen is around $550 + tax.

Uncle Malice

$435 shipped for a used M&P isn't too bad if it's in perfect condition. I've got an M&P 9c and I wouldn't sell mine for that cheap.

The Bud's price was really a blockbuster deal. You will not find that price anywhere else. Your best bet is to try GunBroker if you want a new one. I paid $480 + $20 shipping for mine from Shooters in Jacksonville. (shooterjax.com) and it looks like they currently have them in stock and ready to go. I feel like that is a pretty good deal. Most shops I see them selling in is somewhere around $550.

In my opinion, it's worth very bit of that....

fastr nu

paid $530 for a full size .40 cal. w/ 2 extra mags, a few months ago, in western PA. after trying glock's, xd's, and taurus -- there was no question for me.

got_the_itch

Don't go to Gander Mountain, 599 is too high. Unless you need the layaway plan, then the extra 50 bones is a no brainer. But finding them for 550 or slightly less isn't a difficult task. As another poster mentioned above, offer them 550 or 525 and see if they will wiggle up to 550. If not tell them "ok thanks" and wheel and deal else where.

Good Luck! It's a fine weapon.

TMUSCLE1

Wow...now I know a local store near me is way too expensive.

I was seriously considering picking up the M&P9c. My local store has them going for $689!!!!!

Needless to say I'm going somewhere else to get it.

psc109

I paid $575 south of Boston MA in May. I know it was a little high but that seemed to be in the ballpark of Massachusetts prices. I'm a little upset I missed out on the 2 free mag offer.

BoneDigger

9c

I bought my MP9c from Buds for $399 about a year ago. they were running an awesome sell! But, I haven't sen them for that price since. I was lucky! :^)

Around here (Texas) they seem to run anywhere from $500-600 new.

BTW, I love my M&P9c. I have never had a single issue with it.

Todd

SheepNutz

BoneDigger, I also got my full size M&P9 at a recent Bud's sale for $399. It was a price I just simply couldn't pass up!

Deerhunter25

I bought my MP9 from buds a year ago. I paid 399 and got the $50.00 rebate and the 2 free mags. Couldn't pass it up. When I was buying it I asked how the could offer it for that cheap and the sales guy said that they order 300-400 at a time. Oh I live close by so I picked it up.

zip22

wait, you got $50 AND 2 free mags? So you got the gun and 4 mags for $350?! I thought the deal was either $50 or 2 mags (I think there were a few different iterations of the deal though).

zip22

haha, I think if I would pay gander mountain's asking prices, the gun with 2 additional mags would be exactly double that ($599 + 2* $49.99 = $700)