S&W M&P 9mm Vs. Glock 19 Vs. FNH FNX-9

ChaseReynolds

I have been on the search for a semi auto 9mm. I have already posted about the glock and Smith and Wesson. I have recently held the FNH and loved it. The question is really about personal opinion on what y'all would rather have and why. I am having a hard time choose which one that I like. They all fit well and I have found them for pretty close to the same price. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

TunnelRat

One of these things is not like the other. The Glock and M&P have, for all intents and purposes, the same manual of arms, that being a safe-action striker fired pistol. The FNX is a DA/SA hammer fired pistol. Have you shot both types? Which do you like more? Any of them are good, but you need to figure out what trigger system works best for you.

donglock26

I prefer the M&P for the ergonomics. They are starting to establish a market share in the LE market, so there will be more accessories and holsters for the M&P than the FNH. S&W also has a compact that will take the larger magazine and the single stack 9mm compact Shield. I think that S&W is making a come back with these products.

_

Mrgunsngear

IMAG1020.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

The good news for me is that I don't have to choose. The good news for both of us is all of the manufacturers you're considering offer military discounts and all of the guns can be had for around $400.

I've never had a malfunction in any of my FNs or M&Ps. I'm a huge Glock fan, but the Gen4 G19 is the only one I've ever had issues with and I have 18 Glocks. So, I'd still feel very comfortable recommending the G19.

If you like DA/SA---go FNX; they're awesome all around performers and extremely accurate guns.

If you like striker fired guns and a positive reset---Glock. If you are a shooter that doesn't use the reset when firing (lots of people don't for some reason :confused:) the M&P may be the way to go. That said, M&Ps will be fitted with a new trigger designed to have a more positive reset (ala the Sheild) starting in April or May.