S&W grips

CarbineKid

I have a new S&W 66 with the black uncle mikes rubber grips. I was thinking about getting a good set of wood grips for my pistol(I think I have a round grip frame(?). So does anyone have a suggestions/opinions on wood grips, and what is a good online store to order them.
Thanks

SteelyDan

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, because not too long ago I swapped out my truly beautiful round-butt Rosewood grips for some rubber Pachmayr ones on an N-frame. Personally, I'd just rather have the little bit more control you get with the rubber ones. And for what it's worth, my groups did tighten up noticably with the rubber grips--there's just not all that much to hold on to with the round-butts, so you should make it all count. My opinion.

SGT405

Yes, you probably have a k frame round butt. Grips are very personal. A compromise between aesthetically pleasing and functional. To me, they are like holsters, I have a large box of "tried these, did not work".

Gila Jorge

Just bought a 60LS with fine laminated grips
and also called Unlce Mikes and got their boot grip which is what Smith puts on their J Frame
Mod 36. Really do like them. Also have Hogue
grips on Mod 20 Classic and would NOT ever think of changing them. Really love them....also on my 686 Hogues. Far better control.

Prodigalshooter

Well, here's a couple of ideas; Hogue makes some very nice wood grips for K & L frame round butts, also, Clark Custom sells some Miculek wood grips for the Smiths. I am thinking about the Miculek, as I know someone who uses them on his 625 in IDPA and likes them alot. They are also very nice looking. Either source will cost you $70 or so, by the time you get you hands on them.
Hogue has more wood options.
www.getgrip.com
www.clarkcustomguns.com

M1911

I just got a couple sets of Hogue wood grips for my 2 N-frames. I chose Kingwood. They look really nice and fit perfectly. Haven't had a chance to get to shoot them yet.

Paul Fitz Jones

Retiree has Smith Cherry wood grips for round butts

Old retiree has a few cherry wood grips for Smith K frame round butts in target and olympic styles contact coffeyn1@juno.com

Attachments

• k-38 olympic grip.jpg
    k-38 olympic grip.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 125

Prodigalshooter

Don't know if you've made a decision on your grips yet, but here is my 66 with the Miculek grips. I like them a lot, but only when shooting the low power .38 loads.;)
But that's what I have this gun for, shooting IDPA with magnum loads wouldn't be very much fun!

Attachments

• dsc00072.jpg
    dsc00072.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 145

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
My preference?

Hogue monogrips for 4" and longer, Eagle Secret Service grips for 3" and shorter.