S&W Customer Service

Dragline45

Just want to say Smith & Wesson customer service is awesome. I picked up a used 686 recently and oddly enough the internal peg that holds the hammer in place snapped. So I dropped it off at the Smith & Wesson factory in Springfield for repair and just over a week later I had it back on my door step not only with the repair done free of charge but they put in a brand new cylinder, ejector rod, side plate which the original had a nice scratch on, new trigger, replaced all the side plate screws with new ones and refinished the gun taking out any small scratches. Plus the trigger pull on the gun is smoother than ever. I would have been overly satisfied with the repair done for free, let alone pretty much rebuilding my entire revolver for me free of charge.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Some years ago, I send in a K-22 that was misfiring. They responded saying that if I wanted the gun reblued, it would cost $17. Obviously, I said yes and sent the $17. When I got it back a week or so later, they had replaced all the parts except the barrel and reblued the gun. For $17, I had what amounted to a new gun. And they fixed the misfiring.

Jim

Hookem2244

I'm about to send in my model 25 for a $200 reblue, which is by far the cheapest quote I've recieved. I also imagine I probably cant get a better reblue on a S&W than from S&W directly.

9mm1033

You may have gotten lucky with a "used" gun. I know S&W CS is great, but the last time I called and inquired about a "used" gun for repair, CS said only original owners get the free repair. Others, like yourself have said, no it's any S&W firearm, no matter the owner. Maybe it depends on who answers the CS phone. Nonetheless, you should be a happy Smith owner.

orionengnr

^^^^Don't know about all that.

I sent in a 396 a few years back, and specifically told them that the prior owner had damaged the finish by using some type of chemical. I sent it in for an estimate on a re-finish--they re-finished it good as new and sent it back, all in a week, free of charge.

I sold a friend a 360 I had bought used, and after he shot it a bit the Scandium cylinder showed some odd erosion on the face (black pepper flecks disappearing). Clearly stated as a third hand gun, they sent the shipping label and replaced the cylinder free of charge...also free shippng both ways. Once again, a week gone in total.

Hammerhead

I bought a 624 off Gunbroker that someone had messed with the trigger. I sent it in to S&W and paid $140 today for them to repair it. I thought it would be free, but it wasn't.