S&W customer service

trustygun25

I called Smith and Wesson and told one of there customer reps that my take down tool on my m&p was starting to show wear and if i could buy another one. He asked if it was broken, i told him no, he said if he could get my name and address that he was gonna send me a new one out asap. I offered to pay since it wasnt broken or anything like that it was just user wear. He said dont worry about it, you will have one in a couple of days. A+++ service. I have been thinking about getting another m&p for range use and that confirms it i will!

kalevatom

I called S&W CS to order 4 mag extensions and a medium backstrap for my 40c. He asked for my name and address, then said he'll send them out that day. I asked him,"don't you want my credit card number?, he said "No, they're on the house." Got them 3 days later. Hard to beat that.

Superhouse 15

A customer had a 422 with a plastic magazine follower. Because the littke plastic tab wore off it wouldn't lock the slide open. S&W sent the follower on a phone call and when I opened the package there was a new collower amd a spare magazine in it.

zombieslayer

You guys are all very lucky. Actually, its me who is very unlucky. I've had every kind of problem from S&W firearms over the years. I had to write them off, which is a shame. I'm a reasonable guy, they just didn't treat me right. So- I have to now be that .001% that has had terrible luck with anything SandW. Just my 2cents.

testuser

I own five Smith and Wessons, all of them were bought new except for one antique an M1917. Zero problems, except for a replacement hand on the M1917, I guess that will happen after 94 years. My S&W PPK did have to go back to the factory for a recall. Zero problems and it cost me nothing.

jhgreasemonkey

That sure makes it worth while to buy the product when the manufacturer backs it up so well. I have had the same experience with Rugers customer service. Buying from a well regarded American company is definitely the way to go.

madmag

Same experience here with Smith & Ruger.

Why worry about a life time warranty, when you call or send in your firearm they both just step up and do the right thing.

I even had a Smith in for re-finish service and I wanted to change some info on the tag I sent with the pistol. Got a rep who went over to the other building, found my pistol and changed the tag, then called back to tell me it was done as asked. Pistol came back just as I asked for.

Similar service from Ruger.

BTW, Smith or Ruger have never seemed to care about date of purchase, they just fix the problem.......hard to ask for more.

Tinner

Tinner

Thanks for info. Was thinking about getting new pistol. My son has Smith & Wesson. Wasn't sure I wanted to go that way. But customer service is almost more important. Thanks

El Fumador

This past Christmas I picked a used Model 22A-1 and the recoil buffer was pretty beat up so I emailed them to see how to go about getting some more.

Got an email back asking for my mailing address so they could send some out no charge. A few days later the envelope arrived with the buffers, a guide rod and recoil spring. S&W CS ROCKS!!!

Onward Allusion

trustygun25
S&W customer service
I called Smith and Wesson and told one of there customer reps that my take down tool on my m&p was starting to show wear and if i could buy another one. He asked if it was broken, i told him no, he said if he could get my name and address that he was gonna send me a new one out asap. I offered to pay since it wasnt broken or anything like that it was just user wear. He said dont worry about it, you will have one in a couple of days. A+++ service. I have been thinking about getting another m&p for range use and that confirms it i will!

Yup, that's what I've found too with my few dealings with the factory. The majority of my pistols are also S&W. Great company.

sakeneko

I've got two S&W's, my carry gun (Model 60, 3") and a .22 of the exact same dimensions for practice. The .22 had a cylinder that had not been machined properly when I got it. S&W paid for me to return it, fixed the problem, and I had it back in ten days. I live over 2,000 miles from the S&W factory, so much of this time was in transit.

Given the usual quality of S&W, this was annoying, but it's also an acid test of their customer service. They passed with flying colors.

fastbolt

I wasn't the greatest S&W enthusiast back before I entered LE, at which time I had to start carrying S&W revolvers, and later on their 3rd gen pistols.

I finally had to grudgingly admit to myself, however, that someone other than Colt and Ruger made good, serviceable ahndguns. :eek:

As both an owner, and as a factory trained S&W armorer (9 classes for 6 different platforms), I've developed a lot of respect for their products and their standard of customer service over the years.

That's probably why I now have more S&W handguns than any other make in my safe.

RWK

Excellent, based on this personal experience. Some years ago, I bought a S&W 625-9 .45 Colt Mountain Gun. Everything about it was superb, but the rear sight was improperly aligned (slightly). Returned the revolver through my dealer, received it in about a week, obviously no costs, and the problem was entirely corrected.

It can be argued that this quality problem should never have occurred; however, pragmatically, constant flawless perfection is rarely possible. Given reality, Smith did an outstanding job of correcting the problem.

vytoland

all of my fire arms have been manufactured by S&W........ quality, dependability, accuracy all in a well balanced package.

S&W.........there is no substitute.:cool: