S&W Customer Service - Warranty Work

bluedog

Folks, I bought a new S&W 1911 that had a trigger that I was not happy with....called up S&W and told them of such.....they sent me a prepaid UPS mail label....they then totaly replaced the trigger and got it back to me within a week....now that is service! And I will buy more S&W because of it!!!

ShootingNut

+1 on S&W Warranty Service!
My M&P 40 after many rounds and almost 2 years, started misfiring often.
Smith did the same, said send it out at our expense (FedEx Overnight $59), and they replaced Striker Assembly and sent it back no charge (problem fixed).
YES, Smith is one of the best, if not THE best when it comes to service. I hear Springfield is very good also, am thinking of getting a XDm40 but hope if service is needed, they compare with S&W.
Best regards,
SN

Genepix

My 2nd S&W was a 642 Airweight I purchased this year. After firing it for the first couple of times, I experienced a misfire rate of 2 of every 5.......I returned it to S&W and it was repaired within two weeks- (yoke replacement) -great service, in my opinion....No questions asked....

Rollin Thunder

I can't say enough about S&W customer service.
I kinda screwed up one of my guns and called C.S. told them what I did and that you can't fix stupid. They sent me a label, fixed my gun and had it back to me within the week..... no charge but, they got a customer for life.
RT

aaalaska

SAid it before but when my frame broke on AN old 22A with with way to many rounds through it they did exactly the same free shipping label back in less than a week new frame no charge. Would I buy another S&W you bet two more since and I hope many more to come.Even thinking about stocks in the co. Alex

.357 mag

same here. I week and my gun was back.

P.S. In my state anyway they have to send handguns overnight. Its the law if they are sending it to your house or if you are sending it without an FFL.

rogertc1

I bought a new M500 4" and it was missing a compensator, (supposed to come with 2). I called and got the compensator sent to me within that week.
Fantastic service.

Last edited:

Sebring Pop

I live in Connecticut and when I have had a problem I drive to Smith and Wesson and there in the lobby you get to talk to the smith that is going to work on your gun. Now that's service. 100% satisfaction every time.

abber

+1

Their customer service could not be better, I don't think. I had the frame replaced on an N-frame revolver when the barrel rotated on its first trip to the range. I sent it back about 6 months later with the tip broken off of the firing pin. I really would prefer these things didn't happen, but S&W has come through for me both times. I am thinking about sending my old model 13 in for a re-nickel job. I love that little gun!

RickB

I had a problem with my Thunder Ranch 22 after few rounds, and they took care of it. Quick and painless.

orionengnr

IMHO, S&W's Customer Service is the best in the business.

A friend had a 340 (bought used) that had small (pepper-flake sized) bits of metal disappearing from the front side of the cylinder. Sent it in to S&W and it was back in five days with a new cylinder--no recurrence of the problem since.

I bought a 396 (bought used) that a previous owner had damaged the finish somehow. I sent it back and asked for an estimate on refinishing. They refinished and returned it in under a week, no questions asked, no charge.

From what I've read, neither of these experiences is unusual, except if you compare them to other companies.

For what it's worth, I have also had to return pistols to Kahr, Springfield and Para. All did well, but none as well as S&W.

I have also had other "name brand" pistols that I should returned but the manufacturer showed no inclination to accept them (even though they were purchased new), so I sold them at a loss instead. Instead of naming names, I will say that if you read my posts, you'll figure it out...and if you don't, my experiences are far from unique...

Sebring Pop

The only other company is Thompson Center that can compete with Smith & Wesson. I bought a used contender with 6 barrels and called for advise because one barrel did not fit the frame good. They told me to send everything to them and they would fit all 6 barrels to the frame and change the pins on the older to barrels to upgrade them. So I did and they did within a week and no charge. Still Smith is only a half hour drive for me and still number one.

For me they were great on the smith and terrible on the Walther. I had to get one of the big wheels involved but they did make it good in the end.

Laserlips

B.f.O:

When my Walther PPS started having ejector problems and S&W couldn't fix it for me they just sent me a new PPS.

(Which I shortly thereafter sold and replaced with a NIB 3913LS). :D

Jesse

100_9857.jpg

P.S. And then added the CS9... I'm out of the Walther business entirely.

YARDDOG(1)

I'm a new member wont to say hello. I had one off the first Sigmas made S&W9C 6000 rounds I put throu it, Bought it used dont know how mant rounds first owner put through it ,not many by looks all black & papers/box,&warenty papers. SENT warrenty off good to go 3 month ago Fireing pin broke called S&W sent lable &off it went Told em trigger hadrd please fix 10 days back NEW SLIDE & BARREL& INTERNAL PARTS UP TO SPECKS THE TRIGGER 6 lbs could'nt beleave it got about 400 rnds no Hicups/FTF,FTE,ECT. EXCELENT SIRVICE BAR NUN PS I only shoot JHP REMINGTON at range & P+gold dots S/D GREAT ALL AROUND S&W #1 ;)

B.N.Real

Sorry,we simply cannot have people posting POSITIVE THREADS HERE.:D

YOU ARE ALL BANNED.:D

;) jUST KIDDING!

Great to see Smith doing their customers right!

Last edited:

NYH1

I was having a problem with my SW1911. When I had the palm grip safety disengaged and pulled the trigger with the manual safety engaged the hammer would drop to the half cock position. The pistol wouldn't fire, but it wasn't right. I called S&W. They emailed me a shipping label and told me it was going to take about two weeks to fix. I sent it back on a Thursday and got it back the following Tuesday. I was happy! :)

Bubsy

Well, I haven't had a good experience with S&W. My 41 was having difficulties ejecting spent shell casings, even with CCI and Federal 22LR ammo which the gun prefers. I contacted S&W and they sent me a prepaid label for a return via UPS next day air. I arranged for a pick up with UPS and all went well. S&W sent me a letter a week later saying that the gun had arrived and it normally takes 2-3 weeks.

After a month, I received a call from S&W who told me that the gun was repaired and would be returned to me via USPS registered mail because I reside in one of the five boroughs of NYC. I always thought that the USPS could only ship firearms from FFL to FFL or to the military or police. I waited a week, and still no gun so I called S&W. They told me that while their main repair facility had a "license" to ship guns via the USPS to the five boroughs of NYC, the facility that the 22's are repaired at does not. I was told that that facility had to go to the USPS to make special arrangements to return my gun to me.

I've been without my gun for over a month now while S&W figures out how to return it to me, legally.

Did they ever consider these possibilities?

1. Ship the gun to their site that has the license to ship the gun to NYC then ship it to me from there?

2. Take the gun apart and ship the barrel in a separate shipment and send both by next day air?

3. Ship the gun to my dealer who is a licensed FFL and I'll pick up the gun from them?

These options seem reasonable to me, but S&W hasn't been able to come up them.

bubsy

herbie1

I had S&W warranty work done, and I didn't even have to send it in.

The Gander Mountain near me is an S&W service center. I dropped it off and picked it up the following week

H.