S&W CSX break-in

IDbound

I have read from other owners that they experienced a lighter trigger pull after a certain number of rounds during break-in. Do any users on this forum have any experience with the trigger smoothing/lightning up?

CajunBass

I had one of the first ones, and I never saw a problem with the trigger. It got a little better as time went on, like most guns seem to do for me, or I just get used to them, but I didn't think it was bad in the first place. I didn't know what "reset" was then, so I never noticed a false one.

I got rid of the gun, but only because I came to the realization that I just don't like really small handguns. Commander" size is about it for me.

IDbound

Thanks for your response. The reset doesn't bother me but I was referring more to a reduction of trigger weight over time. I was hoping that over time that the trigger weight would drop tom5 pounds or less.

wild cat mccane

I'm of the minority opinion that, in general, a return spring cannot drop poundage, a trigger bar cannot mate, a firing pin block/spring cannot mate, and a sear cannot mate on a clean firearm and produce a true trigger weight reduction.

I do believe a person gets used to a trigger over time and attribute that familiarity to "improvement."

One lbs drop by mating? Unlikely. 1 lbs drop in spring tension? That's an interesting position. Grittiness cleaned up, possible.

Not helpful to your specific model, but the concept in general of weight reduction just by firing is always questionable in my mind. I haven't experienced but have good collection?

WheelGunMan

I've had my CSX for about a year now..It's my primary carry. I did not have a trigger gauge when I first got it but I am convinced that it's lighter now. That is attributable to having put several hundred round thru it and probably several hundred trigger pulls with a laser training cartridge. I did a 5 shot trigger pull test on it using a Wheeler Digital Gauge and it had an average 4 lb 6 oz pull average.

jetinteriorguy

In general triggers get smoother with use, but I’m not so sure they get lighter. But I suppose that may also make them a little lighter as well due to reduced friction as the surfaces smooth out.

IDbound

Less than 4.5lbs would be great. I do think it has gotten lighter. Now if they will just start making more site options!