S&W CQB .45

JKump

Does any one have any experience with this weapon from the performance center? I am a Police Officer thinking about getting one for duty carrier and for specail details any info. would help. Thanks.

buzz_knox

If you aren't required to carry a Smith, or a DA .45 with a safety, I think there are better choices. It doesn't have the right balance to me, I don't like the way Smith .45's shoot, Smith has had quality control problems and there is just something I don't like about it (besides the fact that to me, it looks kind of . . . tacky.) For a DA .45 with safety, the HK would be my choice (I can't believe I forgot this one the first time around). The safety operates in the proper direction for me and it fits my hand well (although it feels a little top heavy when empty). The full size has great capacity for an LEO (grrr) while the compact matches the Smith. The Para LDA looks (and feels) like a nice option. I've also heard good things about Beretta Cougar .45s. Without a manual safety, you can't go wrong with the Sig 220, or a Glock.

Notice how I stayed completely away from the boycott issue and Smith's traitorous actions? :)

Captain

I've had one now for 2 1/2 years. I love it! It works all the time. It's accurate with a variety of loads. It feels good in my hand. The trigger on S&W autos is very good. It's my primary carry gun in weather when a jacket or sweatshirt is necesary. I don't think you can go wrong with it. I carry COR-BON 185JHPs in it.

fed168

JKump, some may flame me but that is too nice to be a duty pistol. On that note I would like to use one as my duty pistol, but I could not stand to lose that much $$$ if it had to be turned in as evidence. I have no doubt it would stand the rigors of duty usage, but for the price you could get two weapons for duty, a primary and a reserve weapon.
My issued 4506 has stood the test of time so far, used when issued and many many rounds later still keeps humming like no tomorrow.
And I too throw in another vote for Sig, Glock, and also the HK.