S&W bodyguard 9mm?

ScotchMan

I kinda suspect they will, since everyone else is, and pocket 9s seem to be the big thing now. But nothing has been announced, so it is all speculation at this point.

shootniron

Why would they build a Bodyguard 9 when they can't build enough M&P Shields to meet demand?

I have been on a waiting list since Sept...but I was told Monday afternoon...I AM NEXT.:D

Homerboy

Ruger had the LCP in .380 and then came out with the LC9 in 9MM. S&W had the Bodyguard .380 and then came out with the Shield, which is a hair bigger than the LC9. The Shield IS the Bodyguard in 9MM.

Homerboy

I'm aware they are different. I am saying that if they took a Bodyguard and made it slightly bigger for the 9MM round, you would have a gun the same size as the Shield, so why bother having two 9MM's that are the same size? Ruger increased the size of the LCP and made the LC9. I owned an LC9 and now own a Shield. They are virtually identical in size. There will not be a 9MM Bodyguard. S&W has a huge hit with the Shield. They can't even make enough to satisfy demand. They're not gonna waste time and money to produce a gun that is nearly the same size in the same caliber.

Last edited: