s&w body guard

mlong

my wife gave me a smith and wesson body guard .38 with side mount laser has eny body had eny dealings with a holster for this gun and waht your thoughts were

Eagle0711

Excellant Self Defense Gun

Used to have both S&W bodyguards. The model 49 had a steel frame, and the model 38 had an alloy frame. Both were accurate and very dependable. Carried in the front pocket with proper holster or at the 4:00 clock position. They shot 158 gr. bullets to the point of aim.

I don't know if your gun is a newer model or not. No experience with lasers.

The only thing that you need to be aware of is lint getting around the hammer that is located in that humpback area. A dime can also get caught in there.

This gun is tops for close range fighting. The short barrel makes it hard to be taken away. You can fire the gun from a coat pocket. No worries over jams or failure to feed. It won't get hung-up in your clothing. It can be easily fired with one hand.

This set up is very popular, so it should be easy to find a holster.
The most effective load to stop the bad guys is the 158 gr lead semi-wadcutter hollow point in plus P. They are easy to find. Good Luck, Eagle

Genepix

I just got one, and it fits nicely inside a Mika pocket holster that was originally made for my S&W 642. Very nice shooter.