S&W 99 and Walther P99 / FOBUS Paddle

quadcab

Need some help please. I was under the impression that the S&W 99 and the Walther P99 were virtually identical. However, when I went to the FOBUS holster web site to look up their paddle model for a S&W 99, I found that they listed their GL-4 (which also fits a Glock) as the correct one. Further, they list their model WA99 as the correct paddle for the Walther P99. Called Fobus today and spoke to a woman who was very nice but really couldn't answer my question. Which was," Do you mean that a S&W 99 is more similar to a Glock than to a Walther P99?" I thanked her but really didn't feel like anything was accomplished. I would really appreciate any input on this matter. Thanks,QUADCAB

spenny

I cant answer your question about the SW99 and the Fobus, But hopefully this info will help you find an answer

For my P99 I have the WA99 holster and it fits nicely. (the moldings are marked WP 99)

the main difference I am aware of between the SW99 and P99 is the trigger guard, squared on the p99 and round on the SW99. and the Fobus for the walther is molded for the square trigger guard

spenny

NMGlocker

The reason for the holster difference, is in the dust guard area.
The SW99 has the Glock style accessory rail, the P99 has the Walther proprietary accessory rail.
The SW99 has a wider, more squared off dust cover than the P99.

quadcab

Thank you NM Glocker and Spenny for sharing your knowledge. This is exactly the type of info I was looking for. Funny the mfg. couldn't supply me with the answer...you guys are the best! Quadcab