S&W 929 with Fast Fire III

AzShooter

I've been playing with Red Dot sights for a while and finally settled on a Burris Fast Fire III for my Model 929 eight shot 9mm revolver.

It only weighs 6 oz and doesn't have the heavy weight of other Red Dots. Balance is perfect like using iron sights.

Accuracy is great with the 3 minute dot. I can shoot 1 ragged hole groups at 15 yards from the bench and can keep all shots in the 8 inch A-zone of the Bianchi targets which is a vast improvement considering I have Parkinsons and shake a lot.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/AzShooter/929-FFIII-no-flash-for-web.gif

Big Dave

Great looking set up! I agree the lighter optics are best on the longer barrel revolvers since the weight change is not noticeable.
I see Weigand Combat now offers a shorter mount that is perfect for the shorter optics.
Dave

NoSecondBest

I've used these FF3 sights on a 44mag and a 45-70 and they held up great. Accuracy was also exceptional. My 45-70 lever gun will shoot five shots into 1.7" or less at my private range of 114 yds. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't use one of these on a rifle and get good accuracy or that they won't stand up to the recoil.