S&W 910 or Kel-Tec P11

M700

Thinking of Purchasing one of these 2 guns and wanted to know some oppinions on the matter. I like the Kel-Tec alot...but dont know much about the 910. Need a gun for home defense and target shooting, I'm looking to spend around 300 dollars. I also have rather large hands...noticed that they make a grip extender for the Kel-Tec. Any input or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tecolote

Don't know about the Keltecs but SW's Economy Line pistols are quire reliable. A buddy owned a 915 (same pistol except it came with 15 rounds mags). It had nice DA/SA pulls, proved extremely reliable, soft recoiling, and it's large tang made it comfortable to shoot with even the hottest loads. You can still find new factory preban mags for about $40 at shows. MecGar also makes some excellent mags and these can be had preban for less than factory mags. I strongly recommend the 910 for anyone looking for an economical but not cheap auto pistol.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Walt Sherrill

For the purposes you defined, I'd get the S&W auto. For concealed carry I'd get the Kel-Tec.

The Kel-Tec has a very long double-action only trigger, and it takes a lot of getting used to. I have one, and its a great gun for its designed purpose: small, light, and accurate.

But for range/target shooting and home defense, its not the best choice.

A bigger gun with longer barrel, that is easier to shoot well would be better.

If I were you, I'd consider a new or used S&W revolver in .357 magnum or .38 spl. Far better home defense gun, and more fun when plinking/shooting targets.

rblack

Ditto everything Walt Sherrill said, I also have the Kel-Tec and it is a great gun, but not for target. Rod Black