S&W 909 Vs 910

18DAI

Anybody on this site like or shoot S&W 9mm? Wondering what the opinions are on the S&W 909 Vs 910? Regards 18DAI.

9mm1033

Not sure about the 909 or 910, but I have a 908 and like it very much. Many on this forum have responded to 908, 909 questions in the past. They seem to be popular little conceal carry handguns. Maybe you could try a search for "909" to answer your question.

rdebert

I am not sure but I think the 909 was a single stack 9+1 offering in a full size/service size frame. If I remember correctly was put out in response to the 10 round limit in effect at the time..so if limited to 10 rounds why not make a single stack so the grip is thinner (for smaller hands and perhaps easier to carry concealed).

910 is double stack for sure (9mm 10 rounds=910) and was/is a "value line" third generation S&W. Originally supplied with 10 round mags as part of the 10 round limit imposed at the time. But it will use the standard 15 round mags for the 59XX series of S&W 9mm's. Was preceded by the model 915 until the limitation to 10 rounds went into effect...and perhaps it will be return to the 915 model number in the future.

Marko Kloos

The 909 is single stack, the 910 (formerly 915) is double-stack.

I prefer the feel of the single-stack S&Ws, but they're both fine, reliable guns that are underappreciated. They're not sexy, but they'll get the job done just fine. I've never owned or shot a 9XX or 39xx series gun that wasn't 100% reliable.

Eric Larsen

Ditto to what Marko said. Ive had 59's, 69's and 39's all 3rd gen guns and all have been flawless. I prefer the 39's over the dual stacks for CCW work.
Shoot well.

jonathon

One of the best handguns I've ever owned is my 5906 I just got :rolleyes: Love the thing already..

Anyways, unless you really prefer the lighter wieght of the alloy frame, I'd go for the 5906 or the 3906(single stack). Stainless is much easier to take care of for a carry gun, and right now a used 5906 will run under $300(police trade in, carried lots fired little). I've seen LNIB ones go for about $400 now as well.

porkskin

good luck finding a 3913 for a decent price new, or even finding one used at all. the never leave their original owners. i have been on the prowl for one for 2 years. the tactical 3913 is like $700 +. only new one they make. oh, and i'm still to insecure to carry the "ladysmith" 3913!

MidKnight

Love my 908 single stack. Around 1000 rounds in it and I've had one FTE, but it was on factory reload lead round nose ammo (first and last box). Other than that, it's awesome as long as you don't mind taking the slide stop out to clean it. I've seen other guns that come apart much much easier, but once you've stripped an S&W once, it's cake. Awesome gun.

wallpaper2.jpg

I love my 3914 (blued version of the stainless 3913) accurate , reliable, and very compact especially with the single stack. Very underrated guns. Just wondering whats the difference between the 908 and 3914, the specs seem to be the same.

Juna

915 vs. 910?

I was in a local shop a few days ago looking at the 910. I asked how it's different from the 915 cuz it feels exactly the same in my hand and has the same 15-rd mag. He said they improved the sights from the 915 to the 910.

Anyone have any experience with S&W 915?? I really like the way it feels and I'm considering getting one.

Cliff47

Juna - If it feels good to you, and you like the trigger pull in both modes, get it. I have a 915 and it just gets better with each trip to the range. I agree about the slide release being a bear to get out the first time, but it takes proctice. Enjoy the pistol.