S&w 65-3

scoutleader

I have a S&W 65-3, 357 mag in SS. I am wondering what the value of the gun would be? It is is in good to very good condition. I have the original grips, it has the pinned barrel and was a state patrol pistol. I bought it as HD gun back in the day but now I have become addicted to 1911's. The trigger has been worked by a smith back in 1993 when I got the gun. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Danny

Baba Louie

What kinda work did the smith do on the trigger back in 83?
How tight (or loose) is it today?

For a 4" some people ask between $350-450 (don't know if they get that much tho')
For a 3", add another hunnert.

Course, you can find them for $325 every now and then... or could. US Dollar must be sinkin fast and pre-lock Smiths gaining rapidly.

Check out GunsAmerica and see what your regional typical prices for a sight unseen or "based on photos only" askin prices are.

Course there are the crazy people who ask for $550+ and then there are the rich and crazy, er, dedicated or uh, maybe those who are sometimes unknowledgable, who'll pay it as well.

Then again, you might get idiots like me who'd offer you $200 and let you beat me upwards to a price we both agree to be fair.

Or you might find someone with a real nice Remington Rand or Colt Series 70 or whatever, who you're willing to give the 65 to with, say an additional $X00.00 to boot and you each go home happy.

If it is tight and right and has a smooth butter trigger, and it were mine, I might be willin to sell it for... nahh. I'd just save up till I could afford my next 1911 and keep the 65. ;)

YMMV

scoutleader

I got a chance to go to the range last night and after shooting this gun I dont think I can sell it. The trigger is so smooth, I practiced my double taps at 15 feet and never had a group larger than half dollar. I wish I could get that out of my new compact semi 45. I guess after as many rounds I have in the 65 I should be able to hit with it.
Danny