S&W 645 Need Info / Opinions

18DAI

I did a search and found some info on the 645 ,but not alot. I've been offered a beat up example as a project gun. Are these 645's accurate ,or just "Combat" accurate? How do they hold up under alot of range use? Are parts a problem? Any problems besides the phillips head screw holding the ambi safety? The one I'm looking at is about 80% ,and has adjustable sights. Were adjustable sights an option on the 645 ,or is this an add on? Will it work with my S&W 45XX series mags? Regards 18DAI.

18DAI

Well , I guess there is not alot of enthusiasm for this model. I went today and looked at the gun. It is a project gun. The gun was part of a Police confiscation buy. It looks like it was dropped on concrete. The guide rod needs replacing ,the recoil spring has rust on it ,and the left ambi safety is chewed up ,so I put it in layaway! The price was low ,and the gun felt great in my hand. It points very naturally ,and felt lighter than my 4506 and 1911's. It also uses the same mags as my other S&W 45xx series pistols. I will get it out of layaway at the middle of this month ,then I'll give ya'll a range report. Regards 18DAI.

warwagon

S&w 645

I have one that I realy like. I have had this one for years, and it is still one of my favorites!

Great shooter, never a failure yet, and fits me perfectly.

I hope that you have the same experience! By all means, let us know!

Blair

Last edited: