S&W 64 pics?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Anyone got a pic?

Here ya go...

attachment.php

Mastrogiacomo

Stephen Camp's site looks great! :D

Thanks for the link. Just wish he had an e-mail so I could tell him none of the pictures are downloading... :confused:

sm

Mastrogiacomo, Use the PM feature here or on THR to contact Mr. Camp. :)

Tamara, great pic! May I ask what holster that is? Appears it would work for the 3" .

DFS

Md 65

Here is a Md 65 that I built at the Smith and Wesson factory. This was back when they had Police Armorer Class at the factory:
DSC01382.jpg

Mastrogiacomo

That's a sweet looking gun, I'd like to get a 65LS is I can over the winter that would probably look similar to that but yours I'm sure would probably work better with all the work its had done to it. Beautiful looking revolver.

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello.

SWM64hand1.jpg

My Model 64 is the 3" gun and is becoming a favorite.

SWM64638.jpg

The Model 64 I use has Pachmayr grips, which while not elegant, are comfortable for me. Also shown is a Model 638.

Best.

Mastrogiacomo

I love the bottom pic which shows the model 638 too. I've had an attraction to both guns and the 638 seems to be the ideal snub for pocket carry. Hope the recoil is minimal because I do like to practice, and it beats the tough trigger pull of DAO revolvers.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
I've had an attraction to both guns and the 638 seems to be the ideal snub for pocket carry. Hope the recoil is minimal

The recoil of the 638 is the same as any other Airweight J-frame, like the 442 or 642.

Mastrogiacomo

Tamara - what about if I add a Pachmayr grip on the gun? The 642/442 is DAO and don't give you the option of cocking the hammer. The single/double action of the 638 might make the trigger pull more pleasant.

Bullrock

Stephen A. Camp

I couldn't find model 64 with a 3" brl. on the SW website. Do you know if it is still available??? :confused:

Mastrogiacomo

Bullrock, it's clearly shown. Where did you look? I just searched by model number and found it the third pic on the bottom. It's still in production.

Kestrel

Tamara - nice Greco. I have one of his older, non-marked, knives. It's a Japanese style. I like some of his designs and he's an unusual character. I always enjoyed seeing him at the Blade Show every year.

I just never see his knives and here you've got a nice looking one. When I got mine, he was living in the swamp, and had no phone (or, didn't want anyone to have his number). If you wanted one of his knives, you had to write to him and he would send a Poloroid snapshot of what he currently had. An interesting gentleman.

Oops - I just realized I'm rambling and am hijacking this thread. Sorry!

I've love to find a 3" M64 and a 2" M64 (as well as a 2" M10).

Steve