S&W 63

cnemeth

What is a good price on a new S&W 63 SS with a 4" barrel in .22lr? I've been thinking of getting a .22 revolver for go with my .45 ACP Mt Gun. The 63 is not a current model since it was not in the most recent S&W catalog(which I got months before the March HUD agreement so it would be a pre-sellout gun). The gun has been in the dealer's inventory for a while.

I figure if it is available for a good price I can get a new, quality, pre-sellout gun and use S&W's $50 rebate to boot.

Thanks
Chris Nemeth

Richard

My guess is a fair price is about $400.00 from a dealer. These are beautifully made revolvers and my only complaint is fired cases being stuck in the chambers of the cylinder. Polishing of the walls of the chambers ends this problem. Regards, Richard.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited August 27, 2000).]

cnemeth

Thanks for the info.
I decided to get the 63. It was priced at $380 (I live in NY so prices are usually close to MSRP) The dealer was having an anniversary sale this past weekend. Any new but discontiuned gun was discounted 15%. This came to about $57. Also, since it is a new gun I can use the $50 S&W summer rebate and not feel guilty since the gun was made awhile ago. This brings the actual price to about $273. At this price the 63 was too good of a deal to pass up.