S&W 627PC Question

Hey guys. I a friend of mine just picked up the 627PC SKU:170210
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...75655_757896_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

It's the one with the 5" barrel and gold bead front sight.

I was looking it over and it only has one lock up!

I have the short barreled version and mine has two locks, on the cylinder and a ball detent on the crane.

The 5" version has a V notch for a ball but nothing on the crane. Is there something wrong or do these just not need more than one lock?

540mope

.. mine has two locks, on the cylinder and a ball detent on the crane.

I'm missing something...what do you mean by a lock on the cylinder???
Are you referring to a spring loaded latch (found on standard models) that catches the end of the ejector rod?? or???

Last edited:

Microgunner

The short barreled versions have a detent ball on the crane , the longer barreled versions use the old style detent at the ejector rod end I believe.

Neither the short barreled or the long have a lock up at the end of the ejector rod.

Both have a lock up at the cylinder into the frame under the firing pin.

Only the short barreled has the ball detent.

So the question is, does a .357 Magnum need only one lock up?

D-Ric902

No worries.
I have had that gun for years now and it shoots like a champ after over thousands of rounds. One of my favorites

Master Blaster

I have a 627 pc with a 5" barrel. It has the ball lockup on the end of the crane which locks into the v notch on the barrel underlug. So it locks on the ejector rod pin at the rear and the ball detent at the front.

I have a 627 pc with a 5" barrel. It has the ball lockup on the end of the crane which locks into the v notch on the barrel underlug. So it locks on the ejector rod pin at the rear and the ball detent at the front.

If that's true then the one my friend bought is defective. I'll let her know about it. Thanks.

Co Th G

Only a couple of posters in this thread know what they are talking about. The 5" 627PC has a ball detent lockup on the crane.